Debra's Reviews > Blindfold Game

Blindfold Game by Dana Stabenow

Jun 10, 2008

bookshelves: mystery-thriller-suspense
Recommended for: people who'd like to read thrillers in Alaskan settings
Read in October, 2007

Mr. Smith and Mr. Jones are planning something big. The problem is, they are the only people who know the details. In fact, almost no one knows they even exist. CIA analyst Hugh Rincon does, however. He also has reason to believe that these two mysterious men were responsible for the explosion that killed a lot of people in Pattaya Beach, Thailand.

As Hugh gathers information, he discovers that terrorists Smith and Jones plan to do some serious damage from somewhere on the Bering Sea to his home state of Alaska. The only way to stop them is to recruit the help of Coast Guard cutter, Sojourner Truth, where his wife is an executive officer.

Dana Stabenow’s BLINDFOLD GAME is a clever, first-rate, page-turner I couldn’t put down. The plot, seemingly complicated at first, isn’t confusing. Main characters, Hugh Rincon and XO Sara Lange, are strong, interesting, and well matched. Stabenow’s attention to detail regarding life on board a U.S. Coast Guard cutter not only put me right in the story, but provided interesting information about the responsibilities and danger the Coast Guard faces. Stabenow’s descriptions of a ferocious storm at sea had me holding my breath and grateful to be reading the book from the warmth and comfort of home.

Having been to Anchorage recently, it was a treat to read about some of the spots I’d either been to or knew a little about. But it was even more of a treat to discover this award-winning author’s work.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blindfold Game.