Kelli Lee's Reviews > The Wind Through the Keyhole

The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King

Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: adventurous-quests, fantasy, how-do-i-love-thee-let-me-count-the, magic-abound, speculative-fiction
Recommended to Kelli by: Me, myself, and I
Recommended for: Dark Tower fans and everyone else
Read from April 25 to 30, 2012

Nothing short of amazing, this story within a story within a story. I want to say more, but for the time being, what a bittersweet feeling I'm left with. Having to say good-bye yet again to my beloved Oy, Jake, and Roland. Especially Oy. I sincerely hope there will be more revisits, journeys into the Dark Tower world. And what a journey it was!

And for those wondering if they can read/ enjoy this book actually never having read The Dark Tower series. Here's your answer, in the form of a snippet scribed by The Man, The Legend himself, Stephen King, in the Foreward:

"Many of the people holding this book have followed the adventures of Roland and his band--his ka-tet-- for years, some of them from the very beginning. Others--and I hope there are many, newcomers and Constant Readers alike -- may ask, Can I read and enjoy this story if I haven't read the other Dark Towers books? My answer is yes, if you keep a few things in mind."

He then goes on to describe a few key elements and happenings. And with that basic knowledge swirling about your noggin, you're ready to embark on the journey that is The Wind Through the Keyhole.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wind Through the Keyhole.

04/25/2012 page 2
1.0% "Totally had a geeking out moment in the parking lot of my library just now. All it took was a quick read of the foreward. And truth be told, the mention of my beloved, Oy. So excited to read this book! So bleeping excited!"
04/25/2012 page 51
17.0% "So bittersweet, especially meeting back up with my two faves- Spoiler & spoiler! my lips are sealed."
04/29/2012 page 152
49.0% "So engaging, intriguing, it's a story within a story within a story. Oh how I love this fantastical world King has created."
04/30/2012 page 244
79.0% ""...a trillion stars sprawled across the dome of the sky, more than he had ever seen in his life. It was as if the storm had blown tiny holes in the world above the world, and turned it into a sieve. Shining through was all the brilliant mystery of creation.""
04/30/2012 page 244
79.0% ""Time is a keyhole, he thought as he looked up at the stars. Yes, I think so. We sometimes bend and peer through it. And the wind we feel on our cheeks when we do- the wind that blows thought the keyhole- is the breath of all the living universe.""
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Matthew I missed the world of the gunslinger.Almost makes a person want to read the whole series again.