K's Reviews > There You'll Find Me

There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones

Nov 30, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: library

A quick read and a pleasant trip to Ireland.

Finley follows in her older brother’s footsteps when she travels to Ireland to live with a host family for the year. Since Will died, Finley’s been obsessed with the travel journal he kept on his own trip. She plans to see everything that Will saw and find God again—they’ve been on the outs since her brother’s death. Finley meets Beckett on the plane ride over and dislikes him almost instantly. She knows his playboy reputation from gossip magazines, so she’s not exactly dying to get his autograph. Turns out Beckett is staying at the B&B that her host family runs. In return for help finding the sites in her brother’s journal, she begrudgingly agrees to be Beckett’s assistant on the set of his new movie filming in town.

I wasn’t a big fan of Finley’s. We got off on the wrong foot as soon as she opened her mouth and decided to be so rude to Beckett. From there, a few things just seemed off about her—she didn’t seem genuine. And speaking of Beckett, I have no idea where his attraction came from. They have a cute first meeting, she’s unnecessarily mean (and not even in an admirable way, I’m a big fan of bite but Finley was easy-out mean, e.g. lashing out at Beckett’s unfounded but obvious-to-her player ways), and wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am he’s smitten? C’mon, Beckett. Be more interesting than that.

Enjoyable story, just maybe not the greatest fit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read There You'll Find Me.