Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru's Reviews > Night Embrace

Night Embrace by Sherrilyn Kenyon

OK, so I liked this more than I expected to. I liked Talon when I read Night Pleasures and I really liked him as a main character in this. Sunshine is a likeable female lead and I enjoyed reading her. The characters make this series for me. I can't help wanting to know everything about them. I love Nick and was glad to see him again along with Kyrian and Julian. I so love Acheron. He's just so much win and I feel for him for what he has to go through with Artemis. I want to know more about him. I absolutely fell in love with Zarek. Totally my type of male character. I even want to see more of Valerius's snotty self.

The story was interesting. I wanted to see how they would figure things out and beat the bad guys. It wasn't overly complex and there was almost more sex than anything else, but that is pretty much the nature of the genre and it doesn't really bother me. It's just that since the main focus of the book is on a specific couple for only one book, they seem to get caught up in each other quickly and the fated-to-be-together thing can only work so many times. Sure, they have their spats because Sunshine wants to actually know who Talon is, but he's got secrets to keep, but still, they'll be together by the end. It's just a matter of getting it to play out.

My major problem with books like these is that the heroine always seem to be some kind of ultimate good. Of course, the romance genre tends to be this way. Where the awesome good woman helps the emotionally damaged man feel again and be happy for the first time in centuries. I just wish the female characters could be a little more flawed. They sometimes have their own emotional damage from a past relationship to get past, but they always come across as some kind of perfect woman.

Still, it does make me happy that in books like this we do get the POV of characters besides the big couple. I loved Nick's, Zarek's and Acheron's voices. I even liked Valerius there at the end. I'll keep reading if only to learn more about these guys. The Were-Hunters, too. Vane is an interesting guy and there's totally a set up there involving him and Sunshine's friend Brice.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Embrace.