Laura's Reviews > Mr. Wilson's Cabinet Of Wonder: Pronged Ants, Horned Humans, Mice on Toast, and Other Marvels of Jurassic Technology

Mr. Wilson's Cabinet Of Wonder by Lawrence Weschler

Nov 30, 11

bookshelves: nonfiction, museum-lore
Read in November, 2011

I just re-read this book in preparation for a visit at my work by Lawrence Weschler (today!). According to the museum (MOCA, not MJT) ticket I found in my book, used as a bookmark, the first time I read it was in 2001. And it really is one of my favorite books. It is about wonder and wunderkammern, about art and science, and the bizarre intersection of it all at the Museum of Jurassic Technology in Los Angeles. The main book itself is only about 110 pages, but even more is included in notes. Worth the read if you are interested in museums, cabinets of wonder, or artistic mavericks.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Wilson's Cabinet Of Wonder.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brendan (new)

Brendan Howard I remember reading this, too!

message 2: by Brendan (new)

Brendan Howard I took my mom and brother to the Museum of Jurassic Technology six months or so age. Love that place. One-of-a-kind experience.

Laura So you were one of the people I made read it? I remember making Teresa read it. The Lawrence Weschler talk was great too. He was very humorous. I plan on reading some more by him.