Ashley's Reviews > Voices of the Bulge: Untold Stories from Veterans of the Battle of the Bulge

Voices of the Bulge by Michael         Collins

F 50x66
Dec 26, 11

bookshelves: first-reads, non-fiction, wwii
Read from December 15 to 26, 2011

I received a copy of Voices of the Bulge thanks to goodreads' first reads. As the grandchild of a WWII vet, and an army brat, I grew up listening to history stories about WWII, and the Battle of the Bulge was a frequent topic. What really intrigued me about this book, is the fact that it isn't presented as a story per se. Instead, it is more of an edited transcript of interviews with the soliders who were there. As such, it was somewhat heavy on military jargon, a lot of which was not readily explained. There was also not a lot of background details on the battle, or big picture discussions. Instead you got snippets from the soldiers.

While the vast majority of interviews are with American soldiers, a few German soldiers are interviewed as well. I found this book incredibly interesting to read, but I think it is best suited to those who are already somewhat knowledgable about the events of the Bulge. But for anybody with a military background, or any fascination with the Battle of the Bulge, this book is a great addition.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Voices of the Bulge.