Al's Reviews > 77 Shadow Street

77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz

Feb 28, 12

bookshelves: to-read

My Progress Thus Far

So, I started reading 77 Shadow Street, finally, and it's really weird so far, but really interesting. It doesn't really have the Koontz feel to it yet. Bailey is kind of annoying. For some reason I like the former Senator...I don't know why either. The security guard is awesome currently. I'm only on chapter 6 so my views are bound to change.

Oh, ever since I started reading the book strange things have been happening. I'm not sure if it's all coincidence or if it's all in my head yet, but a walkie takie, which I KNOW I got rid of turned itself on and someone on it was talking in the middle of the night last night. My alarm clock started going off around the same time even though it wasn't set and I'm missing a pair of socks. I think the sock thing is entirely my fault, but the clock and the walkie talkie are obviously Koontz's fault. ;]
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 77 Shadow Street.

01/09/2012 page 29

Dustin Crazy little brown owl :-) Obviously it's Koontz's fault.

message 2: by Al (new) - added it

Al :]

Marc-Antoine I think you have Gremlins..

message 4: by Al (new) - added it

Al :O

I call my dog a gremlin actually. She's a rat terrier so she looks like an evil gremlin because of the ears. :D

message 6: by Al (new) - added it

Al She's quite darling...unless she's around a male stranger. She was abused when she was a puppy and doesn't take liking to males.

Here's my little gremlin/shew/ugly little rat thing.

You can't really see her ears though and she blinked when I took the picture, but she always does that. She's definitely NOT photogenic.

[image error]

message 7: by Al (new) - added it

Al [image error]

Heh heh heh. She looks older and a bit more chubby now, but the ears are still huge for such a little dog.

Dustin Crazy little brown owl What a cute Gremlin! How old is she now? I wonder if she would like me. I often blink in pictures too, maybe we could be friends :-)

message 9: by Al (last edited Jan 11, 2012 09:30PM) (new) - added it

Al She had her sixth birthday in December. She'd try to eat you alive unless you're the soft spoken type of guy who doesn't have a deep voice. She likes my dad, but any other guy, she's either afraid of them or wants to eat them. She absolutely adores my sister. She's mostly her dog. I'm stuck with the evil but adorable cat who likes to knock my sheet music off of my piano and create chaos on a daily basis.

Dustin Crazy little brown owl Alf wrote: "She'd try to eat you alive unless you're the soft spoken type of guy who doesn't have a deep voice."

Great! I am that type of guy!

message 11: by Al (new) - added it

Al Haha! She might just be able to tolerate you then. :D

Dustin Crazy little brown owl Just tonight after work I met the neighbor's dog. Her name was Sophie and her mama said that she's not usually good with strangers, but Sophie wanted me to just keep petting her forever. I kinda think it was because I'd just come from working at the movie theater and I smelled like popcorn - I'm curious to see how she reacts when I don't smell like popcorn :-)

message 13: by Al (new) - added it

Al Annie LOVES popcorn, so I'm sure she'd think you have some. :D

message 14: by Hanzleberry (last edited Jan 12, 2012 01:06PM) (new) - added it

Hanzleberry Awwww, my sweet little Annie Mayella! :D She looks so young... no gray on her face. ;)

message 15: by Al (new) - added it

Al I know! Poor baby!

Dustin Crazy little brown owl I wonder when Miss Hanzle Woozle is going to read a Dean Koontz book again.

message 17: by Al (new) - added it

Al Well she borrowed Night Chills from me but I haven't heard back as to whether or not she has finished it.

message 18: by Hanzleberry (new) - added it

Hanzleberry I've been reading Dean Koontz a lot since I stopped being active in the group. :) I'm actually reading one right now. It's the last book in the Frankenstein series.

message 20: by Hanzleberry (new) - added it

Hanzleberry Callate! :D

message 23: by Al (new) - added it

Al NO, YOU CALLATE! ;]

message 24: by Hanzleberry (new) - added it

Hanzleberry Lol. Pole girl, tramposa. ;)

message 25: by Al (new) - added it

Al :O

YOU DIDN'T!

message 26: by Hanzleberry (new) - added it

Hanzleberry I DID!

message 27: by Al (new) - added it

Al GAH! YOU'RE IMPOSSIBLE!

message 29: by Hanzleberry (new) - added it

Hanzleberry :D Loves, sis!

Dustin Crazy little brown owl Oh, how sweet :-)

message 31: by Al (new) - added it

Al LOL

Loves, darling!

message 32: by Brian (new) - added it

Brian Moore I think u might just be high lol

message 33: by Dustin Crazy little brown owl (last edited Mar 27, 2012 05:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dustin Crazy little brown owl To which person are you referring in particular Brain? Brain, are you a fiend of Al?

message 34: by Al (new) - added it

Al Brain? LOL

You know, I don't think he is....

Brian, do I know you?

Dustin Crazy little brown owl I just looked at Brain's profile and he just barely joined. 77 SS is the one book he has marked as to-read. He hasn't really had any fun yet.

message 36: by Al (new) - added it

Al Aww, now I feel sorry for him. Brian, you must read every Dean Koontz book there ever was.

Dustin Crazy little brown owl Brain, come join us in the Koontzland - Dean Koontz Group and you can be a Koontzlander link Crazy Al & I and we will show you how much fun it can be on goodreads. Welcome to our world!
here is the link to Koontzland:
Strangers is our April 2012 Group Read if you'd like to join us :-)
Strangers by Dean Koontz

message 38: by Al (new) - added it

Al Yes, come. We have cookies.

No, wait. I think that's only the W.S.S. If you like writing come to the W.S.S. We have cookies and contests.

message 39: by Al (new) - added it

Al Koontzland is much fun though.