Sara ♥'s Reviews > To Catch an Heiress

To Catch an Heiress by Julia Quinn

Sep 05, 12

bookshelves: romance, 2011, challenge-winter-2010, books-i-own, historical, 2012
Read on September 05, 2012, read count: 3

September 5, 2012

You know, it's funny. I've read all of JQ's books more than once, but for some reason, this is the one that I can't seem to remember the plot of later. I re-read it, and was like, "Oh yeah!" But it just doesn't stay in my head. Maybe because it's been 18 months? It's really cute. The premise isn't as strong as some of her other books... and I just just thought Blake needed to get over it already, which is apparently how I feel every time I read this book! Haha! I think it's REALLY important for the characters to have personal issues they need to overcome, but this set of issues just didn't do it for me like in The Duke And I or The Viscount Who Loved Me. Cute though. :) The banter between the hero and heroine is hilarious, although a bit... modern, I thought.

January 18-19, 2011

Heehee... I really liked Caroline and Blake! They were SO FUNNY together. I agree with myself (below) that Blake SRSLY needed to get over Marabelle. It'd been SIX YEARS! But what are you gonna do?

Summer 2007

This wasn't Julia's BEST, but it was still REALLY good! The beginning of the book was totally hilarious (to me)...

The ending was awesome, but I think my favorite part was when his sister comes to visit and Caroline has to live in his BATHROOM for a week. OH GOSH! It was SO FUNNY!

I guess it's downfall was.... I dunno.... Well, like the hero's (OLD) fiancée died like 6 years ago... and he was still hung up about it, which completely makes sense, since he blamed himself for her death (even though it wasn't REALLY his fault). And I guess it just kinda got old after a while. I was like, "Ummm... you've got a great woman RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU, so stop WHINING about the PAST! Marabelle is DEAD!!!" and "GET OVER YOURSELF!!" Which is kinda mean, buuuuuttt... He was starting to bug me.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Catch an Heiress.

01/21/2011 page 384