Sherry's Reviews > Apprenticed to Spirit: The Education of a Soul

1620088
Nov 30, 11

bookshelves: 2011, inspiration, philosophy
Read in November, 2011

This book is a beautiful memoir of David Spangler's life in spirit. He tells his story in a simple fashion. And, although he recounts unique and rich spiritual experiences there is none of the grandiosity that sometimes marks spiritual stories. There is no spiritual hierarchy here, no "I'm on a higher plane than you, and if you study with me you can reach my heights." He presents an inner spiritual world to which we all have access, though we may have different ways of perceiving it. He does not present the spiritual world as more holy than ours or smarter than ours, just a world of a different perception, a world we partner with as equals. At the center of this world is Love. Love is the field of exchange. And when we step into the field of love the door to the support and cooperation of that world is available to us. Much like Jesus' statement, "The kingdom of God is at hand," Right there all around you just step into love and you are there. To read this book is to feel this field of love. At least that is my experience of it. David's voice is soothing, reassuring, witty and wise.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Apprenticed to Spirit.