Kdevoli's Reviews > Confessions of a Prairie Bitch: How I Survived Nellie Oleson and Learned to Love Being Hated

Confessions of a Prairie Bitch by Alison Arngrim

F_50x66
Nov 30, 11

Read in November, 2011

This was a fascinating memoir. Nellie Oleson was one of those TV characters I loved to hate, but when I read this book and learned about the little girl inhabiting that role, I was really humbled. Alison suffered a lot of abuse at the hands of her older brother Stefan, someone I actually had a crush on when he was on Land of the Giants. No more! What a monster to do that to his little sister. Her parents were no better. She gives her dad a pass, but honestly, when she told him as an adult she was going to go on the Larry King show to talk about the incest, all he cared about was the thrill of seeing her on a national TV show. The fact his son abused his daughter so horrendously was not even on his radar of (even minor) concerns. Agh! The book didn't dwell overly much on the bad times though, and Alison has a lot of funny stories about filming Little House, and her adventures as an adult. She comes across as a real person who has lived a real (though often difficult) life. Go Alison!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of a Prairie Bitch.