Gloria Feit's Reviews > Quinn

Quinn by Iris Johansen

F_50x66
Nov 30, 11

Read on November 30, 2011

This is the second volume in a trilogy [the first was “Eve,” and the next “Bonnie”], wrapping up the mystery of the disappearance of Eve Duncan’s seven-year-old daughter who was presumably murdered. This novel gives a lot of background on how she and Quinn came to meet, fall in love and come together.

Of course, it has to begin with Quinn near death in the hospital from a knife wound, but making a superhuman effort to get out and rejoin the hunt for Bonnie’s killer, aided by CIA agent and friend Catherine Ling. [None of this is a spoiler, please be assured – it’s all revealed on the book cover.]

I had the feeling that a lot of this book was mere padding, an effort to fill out the three-volume “conclusion,” and bringing to an end one aspect of it: the quest for the truth about Bonnie’s disappearance. The writing and tension keep the reader turning the pages, but wasn’t completely fulfilling for this reader, having not read any of the previous novels. Of course, I can’t really comment fully on this observation, nor judge its accuracy. The book is recommended, but I would suggest that at least the first book of the trilogy be read first.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quinn.