L_manning's Reviews > The Vincent Boys

The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines

Nov 30, 11

Ashston has got a life others would dream of. She's got the boy everyone in town wants, her family is respected by everyone, and things are going great. Ash is missing something though. When her boyfriend Sawyer goes out of town, Ash reconnects with her childhood friend (and her boyfriend's cousin) Beau. In a big way. Suddenly things aren't as clear as Ash thought they were. Beau sees Sawyer as the brother he never had, but he's also been jealous of Sawyer's perfect life. Beau can't help but be pleased when Ash starts paying more attention to him. Ash and Beau are forced to reconcile their feelings for each other with their feelings for Sawyer.

This was most definitely a Southern soap opera. Ashton and Beau were attached at the hip as children, but had grown apart as they got older. Especially when Ash started dating Sawyer. I think a lot of people will really enjoy the romance in this book. Personally, I have never understood the appeal of the "bad boy," and that's what Beau is made out to be. I think that Beau was given some characterization beyond the bad boy vibe as the book went on, so this helped a lot. There were also some twists in the plot that added some depth to the story.

The author did a fantastic job of creating atmosphere. You really got a feel for life in the South, and you could feel the pull between Ashton and Sawyer. This was also a very quick read. I almost read it in one sitting. Lovers of romance, especially those that like bad boys will love this book for sure.

Book provided for review.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vincent Boys.