Jill's Reviews > Bear Meets Girl

Bear Meets Girl by Shelly Laurenston

Apr 03, 12

bookshelves: shifters, romance, sexy-bear-types
Read on April 03, 2012

3.5 stars. I have been waiting for this book to come out for what seems like forever.
Maybe I was anticipating to much, or maybe this book just wasn't what they usually are. I felt this book let me down in the romance department. I didn't feel that Crush had any feelings apart from real annoyance in the beginning. His arm had to be twisted into everything, i guess this was his dislike and fear of change. On the other hand I loved Crush and wouldn't change him for anything, he was almost as wacky as Bo except not as awful about it. I absolutley loved the friendship those to struck up. Especially everytime Crush would turn around Bo would be there, breathing, as he put it. It was funny that his hero, was an awkward dude who wanted him to be his friend.
I could go on about the funniness of that friendship for a while which is sad because it really means the relationship between Cella and Crush wasn't the main feature for me. I loved Cello, she was a little crazy like Blayne and a little scary like Dee Ann.
As always there were other cool people in the background. I mean I was not bored with this book at all. But for me I like there to be tension between the couple, a wanting, or somthing.... but Cella was busy playing the pretend game and Crush was real slow on the uptake. The sex sprung up out of no where, well the first time, then after that there was the one bad cop scene(which was awesome). I am sorry, I do not want to bag this book, Shelley Laurenston is one of my favourite authors and this series has been one of my favourites but this time this book fell a little bit below the mark for me and I really do think it was the couples dynamics rather than writing or anything else.
Still enjoyed the book, 3.5 stars from me
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bear Meets Girl.