Lori (Pure Imagination)'s Reviews > The Princesses of Iowa

The Princesses of Iowa by M. Molly Backes

Jul 15, 12

Read from May 22 to 25, 2012

I don’t know what it was about The Princess of Iowa, but from the moment I saw it I had to read it. Not only was it gorgeous, but the premise sounded fantastic. I’ve been excited about it for quite awhile. Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed when I finally started it.

I’ll go a head and get my more negative things out of the way because there were things that I really liked about the book. One of those things was not the main character, though. I’ve somehow read about 4 books right in a row with the spoiled-bratty-rich girl main characters. Maybe Paige just suffered from being the last in a long line of unlikeable characters I’ve read lately. Whatever it was I didn’t like her very much. She was super shallow to begin with and just plain bitchy sometimes. She did grow a lot. She also had all these horrible problems with her friends, which were understandable, but it seemed like she never actually discussed anything with them or even tried to. Lack of communication annoys me.

Those were my problems, but I also loved several things! The writing was gorgeous. It was one of those where you can’t believe it’s a debut because the writing is just so good. I also really loved the creative writing angle. It’s really added to the story for me. I pretty much adored Ethan, Shanti, and Miranda. They were quirky and a lot of fun.

All in all, The Princess of Iowa was a good book. I wish I could have liked Paige more early on, but I did enjoy seeing her grow into a better person.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Princesses of Iowa.

05/23/2012