Melissa Stebbins's Reviews > Unleashing a Radical People

Unleashing a Radical People by David Platt

F_50x66
Nov 30, 11

As part of the Blogging for Books program from WaterBrook Multnomah, I received a copy of Radical Together, by David Platt for review. I haven't read his first book Radical but had heard many good things about it. This book looks at how to be radical corporately not just individually. A word of warning, don't open this if you like to be comfortable. I must admit the thought of putting everything on the table, open for question is a scary prospect but David Platt is spot on with his argument that this is what the church must do if we want to see God's work done. He asks the hard questions that desperately need asking and challenges us to let go of the good to do the best. The danger with asking these hard questions is that they can leave us feeling guilty without bringing lasting change. Platt addresses these issues in later chapters by focusing on the gospel and showing us how it is sufficient to sustain and strengthen the church over the long term.

This short book is broken into six chapters:

1.Tyranny of the Good: the worst enemy of Christians is good things in the church
2.The Gospel Misunderstood: the gospel that saves us from work save us to work
3.God is saying something: the Word does the work
4.The Genius of Wrong: building the right church depends on using all the wrong people
5.Our Unmistakeable Task: we are living -- and longing -- for the end of the world
6.The God who exalts God: we are selfless followers of a self-centered God

It's a quick read that I can definitely recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unleashing a Radical People.