Melodie's Reviews > At Grave's End

At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost

Mar 17, 12

bookshelves: possession, part-of-series, good-read, urban-fantasy, paranormal-romance
Read in March, 2012 — I own a copy

I read the previous book in this series a few months ago but it took me no time at all to get into this one. Cat and Bones are just so good together and the secondary characters are entertaining as well. I love the surprises in this book, the most notable one involving Justina. The fight scenes are very entertaining to read even through the tragic outcomes.

I don't know why but I always need some time off in between the books in this series; when I finished one, I'm reluctant to start the next one. Yet when I start reading the books, I can't put it down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At Grave's End.

Quotes Melodie Liked

Jeaniene Frost
“Yeah, Life is a bitch and then you get stabbed.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Get stuffed, don't you have more publicity stunts to pull?" Bones shot back. "How about chatting with another writer who can smear your name into greater popularity?"
"What, did Anne Rice not return your calls, mate?" Vlad asked scathingly. "Jealousy is such an ugly trait.”

Jeaniene Frost
“We are not helpless...Many times in our lives we’ve been powerless, but not this night. Right now we have the power to choose the manner in which we die. If you have been a master of nothing else in all your days, you are now a master of this moment. And I for one am going to give such an answer to this insult that others will dearly regret not being by my side to see it!”

Jeaniene Frost
“I’d gone heavy on the black eye makeup until raccoons and I could pass for cousins.”

Jeaniene Frost
“You arrogant, overpublicized, showy old bat, what are you waiting for? Aren't you the king of all bogeymen? The legend children fear will devour them if they misbehave? Come on Vlad, live up to your reputation! If you can't burn to death one Egyptian vampire chained to a wall how did you ever drive the Turks from Romania?”

Jeaniene Frost
“I know you think I was pressured into binding myself with you before, but that's not true,I always intended to marry you, kitten.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Because, Cat, it’s the feminine persuasion that’s always the deadliest.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Dave and Tate were dressed with equal heinousness. More black leather, chains, and whips. Either Don’s staff truly had costumes for all possible occasions on hand, or someone at wardrobe had a lot of explaining to do.”

Jeaniene Frost
“I resisted the urge to hurl my plate at him. “Of course not, Ian. It’s just that normally at this hour, Bones and I are fucking like rabbits, so I get twitchy when I have to wait for him to climb aboard.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Actually, Justina, I didn't just ring you to chat about what an undead murderer I was...right, degenerate whore as well. Did I ever tell you my mum was one? No? Oh, blimey, I come from a long line of whores, in fact I called to give you the good news. I asked you daughter to marry me. Now, do you want me to call you Mum straightaway, or wait until after the wedding?”

Jeaniene Frost
“I want to know all of you, Kitten. What you show me, and what you try not to.”

Jeaniene Frost
“I’ve never been jealous before I met you, it burns, luv. Like silver through my veins. Some nights, watching you with other men on your jobs, I think it will drive me mad. (Bones)”

Jeaniene Frost
“Wow,” Tate whispered. “They’re fucking right on the dance floor. ”

“I see that.” There was an edge to my words.

Dave gave me a sideways grin. “Juan will cry at being stuck in the van. If he were here, he’d be screaming 'Authenticity’s imperative!' and taking his pants down.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Between the money and the illegal merchandise, Bones was getting millions. No wonder he laughed at my salary.
-Cat”

Jeaniene Frost
“Bones smiled. “Oh, grand. Going to make me beat the truth out of you? My favorite way to work.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Bones, what is everyone doing in here? Spade, cover up. Frigging vampires think everyone wants to see what they've got."
~Cat”

Jeaniene Frost
“After further introductions were made, we settled in the family room. Yes, the living room would have been nicer, but I wanted comfortable surroundings while plotting to murder one famed historical figure with another one.
~Cat”

Jeaniene Frost
“He'll learn that many women can satisfy for a short period of time, but when he falls in love, only one will sustain him forever.”
tags: love

Jeaniene Frost
“Mom, this is Annette. Back in the seventeen hundreds when Bones was a gigolo, she used to pay him to fuck her, but after more than two hundred years for banging him, now they're just good friends." p”

03/16/2012 page 207