Meagan Myhren-bennett's Reviews > The Lucado Inspirational Reader: Hope and Encouragement for Your Everyday Life

The Lucado Inspirational Reader by Max Lucado

Nov 29, 11

bookshelves: christian, christian-living, devotional
Recommended to Meagan by: Book Sneeze
Recommended for: Bible Study Groups, Church Groups, Christians
Read from October 01 to November 01, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

THE LUCADO INSPIRATIONAL READER
By Max Lucado

The Lucado Inspirational Reader a compilation from 25 previous works by Max Lucado. Broken down into 27 different topics this reader can be read as a whole as a devotional or it can be read as an “as you need it” book.

The topics are geared for the believer to help him or her in their daily walk with their Savior and to bring a deeper understanding. The covered topics include:
THE BIBLE which explains that there was a reason behind God giving us His Word. He speaks to us, gives us laws to protect us and provides the weapons we need to battle Satan.
CREATION explains that when we see the beauty of the world around us are seeing God’s love because when He created He engaged His heart and soul.
FAMILY tells us that our family is a loan to us from God of His priceless work of art. Your spouse is God’s masterpiece. But we must remember that our family is not only earthly, but Heavenly.
FORGIVENESS is kindness received and mercy given, and as long as we have a spirit of hate we are imprisoned but forgiveness sets us free!
GOD’S LOVE God loves even though He already knows the sins we are going to commit. His love is not dependant on us and it will never end!
MIRACLES are around us every day in the natural beauty of the world.
PRAYER the power in our prayers is in the hearer not in the speaker because “prayer is an awareness of God,” a calling home.
SECOND CHANCES “what you did can’t be undone” but our Heavenly Father loves in spite of our failures and His “perfect grace forgets” what He has forgiven!

This a lovely devotional book that should be in every household and church library. It is both comforting and confronting perfect for the believer who wants to grow in their walk with their Savior!

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lucado Inspirational Reader.