'Aussie Rick''s Reviews > Hero: The Life and Legend of Lawrence of Arabia

Hero by Michael Korda

Jan 10, 12

bookshelves: ww1, middle-east
Read from January 01 to 10, 2012

This is one of the best books that I have read covering the life & times of T.E. Lawrence - 'Lawrence of Arabia'. The author covers in great detail his activities in the Middle East during WW1 but also provides lots of interesting information about Lawrence before the War and what happened to him post WW1. In fact, the accounts of his pre and post war experiences are just as interesting as his activities during the War, maybe even more so.

I found the author was a joy to read and presented Lawrence without the entire psychoanalyst that some authors feel they need to throw into some books. This author tells us the story, provides the facts and background information, provides you with some possibilities and you decide which is most likely.

This is a great book and although it is 700 pages of narrative it flows easily and quickly and is a joy to read. Well researched and well written I think anyone who has an interest in the subject with love this book and also possibly learn a few new things along the way, I did!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hero.

01/01/2012 page 30
show 7 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgiana (new)

Morgiana Rick, this is on my TBR list already...I think I should stop read your comments about books;)

'Aussie Rick' No don't :)
I think you'll enjoy this book, I was quite surprised as I figured I'd had read enough books about Lawrence that this couldn't offer much more but it did.

message 3: by Morgiana (new)

Morgiana ok, I don't think I will stop it - you reading too good books to be honest;)
I just saw a movie about him (I think with Peter O' Toole) but Lawrence is worth of we read more about him.

'Aussie Rick' I actually quite like that old movie with Peter O'Toole, did you enjoy it? The book is great, you'll love it and you will pick up things from the book that you saw in the movie as well :)

Michael Flanagan Just moved to the top of my TBR list

Mike Great review. Just about finished and I agree, superb picture of an amazing man and makes him someone you want to meet.

'Aussie Rick' Totally agree Mike about the author making Lawrence 'someone you want to meet'.

message 8: by Morgiana (new)

Morgiana 'Aussie Rick' wrote: "I actually quite like that old movie with Peter O'Toole, did you enjoy it? The book is great, you'll love it and you will pick up things from the book that you saw in the movie as well :)"

To be honest, I am not really remember of this film, think time to watch it again;)