Danie Tanaka's Reviews > Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony

Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton

6019859
Dec 11, 11

Read in November, 2011

Anyone who followed this case in the media extensively should choose this book to read if they want to learn anything new about the case and have any insight into what transpired (from the prosecutor's position) in the 'miscarriage' of justice for Caylee Marie. This was an excellent book at providing an inside view into the investigation and insight from Jeff Ashton himself to the defense's 'excuses' as to what actually happened to Caylee. This is definitely the book ANYONE who watched a great deal of the trial needs to read. If you know the case pretty well to you watched every second you could on TV--I highly recommend you read this book. I think it will prove interesting when all topics have been talked out on news agencies. And it gives you more insight into what happened when over 50 percent of the nation was confident that Casey Anthony would at the very least be behind bars for the rest of her natural life instead of being found not guilty--causing spasms of outrage throughout the nation.

If you were touched by the case and followed it, this is a must read for you. It helped me understand how 12 sane people (who haven't seemed to cash in for making their unfavorable judgement as pundits theorized they would. . .) could look at the evidence and let her off the hook. This book allowed me to understand how that happened. And how those people aren't to blame. Nor the lawyers. Not even the system. Because if we don't stand by the systems rules and therefore its outcomes, we allow Casey Anthony to be yet again be the infamous star of our anger and we forget that this all started with two-year old girl getting close to her third birthday named Caylee Marie that was murdered. And like Jeff Ashton said in court and in this book, there is no Bella Vita for her. Which makes it all the more important for us to NOT forget this beautiful child whose murder made us all question if our legal system was broken.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Imperfect Justice.