06mirandah's Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Dec 31, 11

Read in December, 2011

Summary- The Hunger Games book is about a girl named Catniss Everdeen who lives in District 12 with her mother and younger sister Primrose. There are twelve districts that surround the catpital Panem, in former North America. Catniss is sixteen and Primrose is twelve. Every year the capital asks each district to send one boy and one girl to the capital to fight in the Hunger Games, a fight to the death that is broadcasted on live television to all of the districts. Primrose is the girl that is chosen for District 12 and Catniss quickly takes the place for her sister, Peeta Mellark is the boy chosen for the games.

After arriving at the capital Catniss has to train and become the best tribute and survive the games. Each district is given a designer to present them for each event. The stylist/designer is supposed to make the tribute the most fabulous of all the tributes, and district twelve's stylist definetely did that.

The relationship between Peeta and Catniss stays normal until Haymitch, their trainer, tells Peeta to tell the interviewer that Peeta and Catniss are inlove, well that Peeta is inlove with Catniss. Catniss then has to pretend to be inlove. After entering the arena, teh sponsors change up the rules, and Catniss has to choose between winning or saving Peeta, or possibly both.

Rating- I would rate this book with five stars. I never felt bored while reading it and I didn't think it had any holes or was missing important things.

Recommend- I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys action/love books. This isn't the kind of book that boys may think is gross and kissy love, but there are many other interesting characters that you can get to know throughout the book. If you like any books about choice making or you just like popular books, you will love this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

Quotes 06mirandah Liked

Suzanne Collins
“I can feel Peeta press his forehead into my temple and he asks, 'So now that you've got me, what are you going to do with me?' I turn into him. 'Put you somewhere you can't get hurt.”
Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games