Stephanie's Reviews > Fallen

Fallen by Laury Falter

2031409
Jan 27, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, romance, sci-fi, ya
Read from November 29, 2011 to January 27, 2012

high school & up
Guardian trilogy #1

Maggie has moved around often. Extremely often. So when she has to stay in one city (and one high school) for an entire year she is a little freaked out. But she handles it all in her own fashion: she buys a motorcycle and sets up shop as a deliverer of messages to the dearly departed. Of course, in the city of New Orleans that isn't completely unusual. What is unusual is the fact that Maggie can actually do what she claims. Which, quite naturally, brings her to the attention of some unsavory otherworldly creatures.

I liked this book. It seems like lately fallen angels are gaining popularity on the fae. I can only say that I am in favor of this development. I am so sick of "the fae." But that's just my problem. Maggie is a pretty cool character. I think y'all know by now that I am in favor of strong female leads. Maggie mostly is although she does completely fall for a cute guy. Thank goodness it isn't one of those "oh he's so cute but such a complete jerk. I hate him, ooh kiss me." That gets old.
I do wish that the history/backstory of the fallen angels was a little bit clearer. Sometimes they were bad, horrible, dangerous beings. And other times they were just a little naughty... Still, a very good read with interesting characters and a quick pace.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fallen.