bookczuk's Reviews > Sixkill

Sixkill by Robert B. Parker

Nov 30, 11

bookshelves: bookcrossing, favorite-author, good-but-made-me-sad
Read from November 29 to 30, 2011

I am so sad that this is the final Spenser novel, though was thrilled when I found out that this novel was in the publishing pipeline, when Robert B Parker died. He maintained my interest in his characters through something like 38 books in this series, and several other series and stand-alones as well. I'll miss Spenser, Susan, Pearl, Hawk and the rest of the gang (even though Hawk didn't make an appearance in this book, since he was supposedly over in China or somewhere during the story. Presumably, had not RBP died, Hawk would have come home and thrilled us all some more.) The introduction of Zebulon Sixkill into the story line was nice -- I like to think that had the author not died, Spenser would have kept mentoring him and he would become a new "regular" in the series.

The story itself was pretty much the usual Spenser, complete with bad bad-guys, good dialogue and just enough Pearl to keep me happy. Love that the relationship between Spenser and Susan hasn't grown stale to them or to the reader through 38 stories.

I just wish I had the story arc from here out. Farewell, my friends. I'll miss you all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sixkill.