Paula's Reviews > Cracking the New GRE, 2012 Edition

Cracking the New GRE, 2012 Edition by Princeton Review

Nov 29, 11

bookshelves: 2011, nonfic
Read in November, 2011

This was my number one resource for studying for the newly revised GRE. The book is broken down into easy to navigate sections. The side tips, use of numbering/lists, and many examples were what helped me the most. I love a well organized book. Each section closes with a 10-20 or so question quiz. These quizzes were really helpful, because the questions really do resemble what is presented on the actual GRE. There are many helpful, generalized test-taking tips throughout the book. I only spent a patchy 4-6 weeks studying for the GRE, and I read this book in entirety and did not really use any other resources other than an android application by Kaplan which has flashcards of the GRE vocab. I highly recommend checking that app out, it helped me a lot on the vocabulary section. My final thoughts are that this is a resource worth checking out. The author's tone is lighthearted and there are a couple of funny lines; this book does not make studying a complete bore. I was very happy with my scores.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cracking the New GRE, 2012 Edition.