Quinky's Reviews > Skinwalker

Skinwalker by Faith Hunter

Nov 29, 11

bookshelves: pnr

Skinwalker was recommended to me because I like Kate Daniels series. Overall it was a good read. Interesting setting, and easy to read writing style with the exception of when Jane turned into Beast (but you'll get used to it). I do have a few problems with Jane though. The clue is right there like a carrot on a stick but she just left it and went about other things. It's making me think she's not very smart, I would've followed the so called clue the next day straight away if I were her. When I finished the book, I can't help feeling all the bits and pieces of the puzzle doesn't match up the big picture at the end. And I feel that the author is trying too hard to portray Jane as bad-ass with all her weapons on her and describing every single one everytime she straps it on and taking it off. It is fine if she uses them and see her in action once in a while, but I get tired of all the detailed description without any action accompanying it. It's like all bark no bite. Next thing is the character, I love Leo! And Bruiser too. I would have vote for Leo to be the romantic character in story, because he made the most impression to me. But I have a feeling Rick, which I am not too fond of, will play a big role in the story to come. And that's why I'm reluctant to continue the story. But then again the story is engaging enough for me to finish the whole book, give it a try for some of the action and characters inside :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skinwalker.