Katlyn Campbell's Reviews > The Life and Death of Crazy Horse

F_50x66
Nov 30, 11

Read in November, 2011

Genre: Biography
Summary: This title tells the exciting story of the life of Crazy Horse. Crazy Horse, a great Sioux warrior, played a pivotal role in Native American and United States History. The book tells the stories of events as small as the Indians ideas of the white man to ones as large as The Battle of Little Big Horn.
Critique:
a. Plot and Length
b. The Plot and length of this story although interesting and okay for me would be far too much for even a 6th grade student. The book is very long and has few truly interesting pictures for a child to look at. The book also jumps around to many different stories throughout Crazy Horses life, which are sometimes not relatable and in my opinion could confuse children. However, I enjoyed the book and definitely saw its value.
c. The best way, in my opinion, to show this view point is through the page numbers, 166. These pages are very large and again contain very few pictures.
Curriculum Connection: I believe that this book could be best used and related to the classroom in the area of history. I think that if used to research or for a project that this could be effectively used by a 5-6 grader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Life and Death of Crazy Horse.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ashley I also read this book, agreed it would be a tough read for younger students or inexperienced readers.