Michelle's Reviews > Hourglass

Hourglass by Myra McEntire

Nov 29, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, romance, teen, favorites-2011

Shortly before her parents died, Emerson started seeing things that weren’t there. Things like Southern Belles and horse drawn carriages. Now all she wants is to regain as much normalcy in her life as possible. Her older brother wants to help, so he finds consultants. So far they have all been frauds, but Emerson agrees to allow one more consultant to talk to her. His name is Michael and he seems to understand Emerson better than anyone else ever has. Emerson finds herself very attracted to him because he is just a little older than she is and is gorgeous as well. But he also says he needs her help to save a man who never should have died. [return][return]Wow, Wow, Wow. I loved this book. The chemistry was great. The story was great. Emerson has a quirky sarcastic take on life that was fun. Michael had the hot mysterious guy part down perfectly. The other characters were just as intriguing. I hope the next book has more Kaleb, Lily, and the rest of the Hourglass contingent. I can’t say much more without getting too spoilery. My one minor complaint was one of the bad guys at the very end popped out of nowhere, but the rest of the book was so good I can forgive that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hourglass.