Elizabeth's Reviews > Bag of Bones

Bag of Bones by Stephen King

May 25, 2012

bookshelves: fiction, horror
Read from March 07 to May 25, 2012

** spoiler alert ** This is probably my favorite out of all the SK books I've read.

The main reason is Mike Noonan. I can't help but feel like he is the perfect man, at least for me. :) He's smart (it's sexy when men read, like Sawyer on LOST), witty, brave, caring, strong, and just perverted enough to be interesting. ;) Well, he's not REALLY perverted, but I enjoyed all the thoughts from the male perspective in regards to erections and sex in general.

In the beginning, it was almost like a real sadness for me when his wife died. I can't imagine having my husband die suddenly and how I would even be able to go on with day to day life..

There were so many twists and turns that I never knew what to expect, and I love that in a book. I'd hoped that he and Mattie would end up together and was really shocked when she died.

The rape scene near the end of the book was really hard for me to read, and then with the little boy being drowned too. I have a son that age and just the thought of that...

Overall I really enjoyed it. It took me some time to read because it's a little bit long and I was reading 3 other books at the same time.

Now that I am done the book I'd like to watch the movie. I saw it on Netflix, but I always like to read the book before seeing the movie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bag of Bones.