Td's Reviews > Mongrel

Nov 29, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, steam-punk
Read from November 29 to December 02, 2011

2.5 rounded up because of the characters.
A good example of what happens when you bite more than you know you can chew. I've gotten a couple of steampunk books under my belt to test the waters and really enjoyed them. Mongrel gave my brain a painful challenge and a reminder not to always dive in head first. Loved the characters and liked the story well enough, navigating this world and keeping track of names was a bit more than I could handle.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mongrel.

11/30/2011
19.0% "HELP! I'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around this book. It's making me dumb! :(" 1 comment

message 1: by Simsala (new)

Simsala Now I`m glad I never have tried to read this...;-)

message 2: by Td (new) - rated it 3 stars

Td It was good and seriously creative but I personally had a tough time keeping up especially when the author kept switching first and last names on me. I can see how people would love it who don't have difficulty with things like that.

message 3: by Simsala (new)

Simsala I would have these difficulties too...;-)

Feliz Can't help it, I loved this book. Particularly the vampire. I didn't care for the name switching, actually didn't even notice it much if I recall correctly. Sims, this vampire (can't remember his name ;-) ) would be a man just to your heart's desire!

Bookbee Feliz wrote: "Can't help it, I loved this book. Particularly the vampire. I didn't care for the name switching, actually didn't even notice it much if I recall correctly. Sims, this vampire (can't remember his n..."

Yes!!! Marrowbone, the vampire! Loved him! I personally think that he and Simon NEED their own book! :)

message 6: by Lady*M (last edited Dec 02, 2011 05:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady*M Feliz wrote: "Sims, this vampire (can't remember his name ;-) ) would be a man just to your heart's desire!"

His name is Clancy Marrowbone and, yes, he rocks (very much like the book). I hope we'll see him again in the sequel. ^^ Sims, READ IT.