Michelle Sams's Reviews > Before I Wake

Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent

Jul 01, 12

Read on July 01, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Wake.

Quotes Michelle Liked

Rachel Vincent
“You're not lost, Kaylee. You can't ever be lost, because I'll always know where you are. And if I'm not there with you, I'm on my way, and nothing standing between us will be standing for very long.”
tags: love

Rachel Vincent
“It's suspiciously quiet in here, and there's a Tod shaped dent in the bean bag. For the sake of both my sanity and my temper, I'm going to pretend I can't tell that you're in his lap, so could you pretend that this is still my house and you are still my daughter, and I'm within my parental rights to kick your boyfriend out after 11:00 p.m.?”

Rachel Vincent
“Forever used to feel like a curse. Now it feels like a promise.”

Rachel Vincent
“But my hands are in the right place."
"Heart," I corrected. "Your heart's in the right place."
"Yeah, but my hands are in an even better place."
And so they were.”

Rachel Vincent
“This seems headed into girl-fight territory," Tod said. "Should I make popcorn?”

Rachel Vincent
“So don't. Come hang out with me at work. We can play naughty dress up with the hospital gowns and rearrange the supply closets.”

Rachel Vincent
“I love you, Kaylee. More than I've ever loved anyone. More than I will ever love anyone. If I could freeze this moment in time and never have to let you go, I would do it without a second thought.”

Rachel Vincent
“I always knew my sexual prowess has the power to save lives."
"You can turn anything into an ego boost, can't you?"
"I have a healthy sense of my own worth. But I have an even better sense of yours."
"Aww...”

Rachel Vincent
“Of every moment I've ever not-lived through, this one is the best”

Rachel Vincent
“Hey, do you wanna go out for..." His words melted with a sigh when he noticed Tod, but then he rallied with a smile. "Hi, Tod, I didn't realise you were here. In my daughter's bedroom. With the door closed."

"Happy to be here," Tod said, and I groaned out loud.”

Rachel Vincent
“Near-death experiences release a lot of endorphins, resulting in a natural high," Tod whispered. "And it's totally true that one passion feeds another."
"You know we're way past 'near-death', right?"
"My endorphins aren't listening to you.”

Rachel Vincent
“I spent two hours trying to question reapers without sounding like I was questioning them. What do you think it says about us as a group, that every reaper I know is either irritable, egotistical, voyeuristic, or some combination of the three?"
"That you fit in well?”