Cindy's Reviews > Stones from the River

Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi

Aug 28, 08

Recommended for: shannon, kim, aimee, misty
Read in August, 2008

This book was long, and in parts tedious, and when I started it I was doubtful that I could relate to the primary character a dwarf with a chip on her shoulder. While her thirst for revenge was understandable, it was also difficult to read. Much of the novel was difficult due to the subject and the times. We expect heroism and compassion from the lead characters often, as we expect the same in life from those we know.Great writing, excellent character development, didn't give it more stars due to the harshness of the story.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stones from the River.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim E. (new)

Kim E. Thanks for recommending a book to me you didn't like.

Cindy Well, I loved the writing, (who do I know that says that?) the story line was difficult...more importantly, did you see my picture? Am I gorgeous?

message 3: by Kim E. (new)

Kim E. You look maaavalous!

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I think I created a monster! You're going to recommend any ole book just so we can see your picture!!!

message 5: by Kim E. (new)

Kim E. Wanda, you have been so funny lately! "Any ole book" made me pee a little!

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I helped Veronica download her picture and now look what she is trying to get us to read!! Anytime you get a comment from me just go pee first before you read it b/c it will be really funny lately and always!

Cindy Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Its not my fault...and I did like the book...essentially.