Joe's Reviews > Quiet Strength: The Principles, Practices, & Priorities of a Winning Life

Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy

M 50x66
Nov 29, 2011

Read in October, 2011

This book is about tony dungy's succes in Life and in the NFL (national football league). It is extraordinary because he was the first African- American to win a super bowl. His coaching success was drawn from his own personal approach to life. Instead of using profabity and screaming at his players, he was calm and communicated what they should be doing. He also didn't make the game bigger than life. He put things into prospective for his team and allowed for other priorities to fulfilled. His belief was that football was just a game and there are other things in life that are far more important. some of which being Faith, family, and friends. Those three things make Tony the special person he is today. He was born in Michigan and played divion one football for the University of Minnesota. He played in the NFL for a few seasons than turned his focus to coaching. He bounced around the league as an assistant coach, and he always kept his values. he was given a head coaching job in Tampa Bay and turned that team into consistant winners. He than Moved on to be a head coach for the Indianapolis colts. He keeps his family life private and shelters his family to allow them to live normal lives. Him and his family are very religious and spirited people. One of the most interesting things he finds time to do his read/study throught the bible once a year.

I gave this book a five star rating because i found it very interesting and motivational. I realize he is such a successful man because he tries to become a beter person everyday. While i was reading this book I was able to pick up on his day to day things that make him such a special person.

Tony inspires me to become a better person and to learn how to deal with tough situations. He says "Be patient Keep doing the ordinary things better than anyone else. Be uncommon. Do what we do." this shows how calm he was and how much he cared. He also said "Take ownership" mich was his way of instilling self respect and self discipline. This book inspired me to do things in a more productive way by being centered in my principles.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quiet Strength.