Eileen Patterson's Reviews > Sing You Home

Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult

Nov 29, 11

Read in November, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sing You Home.

Quotes Eileen Liked

Jodi Picoult
“I grew up in a household where we didn't really talk about our feelings, and where the only reason you went to a doctor was because you'd accidentally cut off a limb with a chain saw.”

Jodi Picoult
“There are so many things I can't believe. That people deserve what they get, both bad and good. That one day I'll live in a world where people are judged by what they do instead of who they are. That happy endings don't have contingencies and conditions.”

Jodi Picoult
“I don't know. But I do know that I'm at the stage of my life where I want forever, not right now.

I know that the first person I kissed won't be nearly as important as the last person I kiss.

And I also know better than to dream about things that can't happen.”

Jodi Picoult
“No matter what Joe Hoffman and Wade Preston say, it's not gender that makes a family; it's love. You don't need a mother and a father; you don't necessarily even need two parents. You just need someone who's got your back.”

Jodi Picoult
“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.”

Jodi Picoult
“The music we listen to may not define who we are. But it’s a damn good start.”

Jodi Picoult
“Imagine if you were the positive pole of a magnet, and you were told that under no circumstances were you allowed to touch that negative pole that was sucking you in like a black hole. Or if you crawled out of the desert and found a woman standing with a pitcher of ice water, but she held it out of your reach. Imagine jumping off a building, and then being told not to fall.

That's what it feels like to want a drink.”

Jodi Picoult
“I tell you this as a cautionary tale: beware of getting what you want. It's bound to disappoint you.”

Jodi Picoult
“But there is a different between mending someone who's broken and finding someone who makes you complete.”

Jodi Picoult
“The only difference between a wish and a prayer is that you're at the mercy of the universe for the first, and you've got some help with the second.”