Sophia's Reviews > His Destiny is Karma

His Destiny is Karma by Morgan Kearns

Nov 30, 2011

bookshelves: pnr-uf
Read from November 29 to 30, 2011

I enjoyed reading this second book that is novella length in the Mysterious Lane series and had to laugh several times at the situation the hero got himself into.

Though he starts out as a guy who seems to have no endearing qualities other than his friendship with Hank, Alex grows on one as he learns that he is not really what his rep as a 'horndog' is. It takes the appearance of a stunning woman who seems uninterested in what he has to offer to do it to him.

This book references back to characters in the first one and there are spoilers so they should be read in order. If I had to compare this installment to the first book, I liked the first one better because I liked the way the h/h interacted and had a relationship to build on. This one came on a bit quicker in the pace of the romance than for which I was ready. It was a love at first sight story and that has its appeal too.

This light Fantasy Romantic Comedy is a delight to read. The fantasy world of all species of supernaturals living among the humans, the well written characters, the humor, and even the romance are enjoyable for a nice escape.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His Destiny is Karma.