Katelin's Reviews > Bright Lights, Big Ass: A Self-Indulgent, Surly, Ex-Sorority Girl's Guide to Why It Often Sucks in the City, or Who Are These Idiots and Why Do They All Live Next Door to Me?

Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster

Dec 01, 11

Recommended to Katelin by: co-worker
Recommended for: women
Read from November 26 to 28, 2011, read count: 1

I enjoyed this book so much more than "Bitter". I think the difference between this book and the first is that while reading "Bitter" I was inclined to dislike Jen (Sorry Jen!) The first few pages I couldn't help to think "What a rich BITCH!" By the end of the book however, I grew to accept the fact that I found the "Rich Bitch" to be entertaining and oddly enough I related to her on many levels (not so much the rich parts, but I sure can be a bitch as well!)
I started to read the second book expecting it to follow in "Bitter's" footsteps... but can it be?? Jen has been slightly humbled?? No....YES! Don't think for one second it wasn't every bit sarcastically humorous or bitchy; it was, however there was even more to relate with Jen as she embarked on a more humble and fulfilling life. This book definitely surpasses the first, although I loved them both! I am impatiently waiting for my co-worker to bring me the third one so I can dive in face first. I can't imagine what else Jen could possibly have to write about but I can't wait to find out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bright Lights, Big Ass.