Alexa's Reviews > Dark Eyes

Dark Eyes by William Richter

Jan 30, 12

bookshelves: arc, early-reviewers, young-adult, debut, 2012-reads, contemp-challenge
Read from January 28 to 30, 2012

My review can also be found on my blog Collections.

Dark Eyes had some pretty shocking moments. Things I did not see coming, especially in the last couple of chapters. But that doesn't mean I was happy with those surprises. In fact, I can't wrap my head around why some secrets were secrets in the first place. It made no sense. I felt like most of the death and sorrow in this book could have been avoided if a certain character was truthful YEARS ago about the identity of Wally's biological mother.

And the way every single event played out was completely unbelievable! See, some of the characters planned ahead for the future and seemed to know EXACTLY what would happen in the future. Like how other characters would react and what those characters' actions would be in the situations they were set up in. What are the odds of everything working out like that? Yeah... Unless those characters are actually psychics, very unlikely.

I also can't say I was a fan of the main character Wally. You would think, since Wally lives on the streets, that she must have come from a rough home. She was just a rebellious RICH kid with loving parents who decided to live on the streets. I don't care if her being adopted led to her acting out like that. She was still annoyingly selfish. I don't think she was the only character like that either. And after the big reveal near the end, I'm not sure who to blame for her behavior.

Although it managed to keep my interest, I was disappointed with the characters and the consequences of all the secrets. I do think Dark Eyes will appeal to some readers, so I would recommend it to those who enjoy thrillers minus a happily ever after.
5 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Eyes.

01/29/2012 page 59
15.0% "I hope I'm not suppose to feel sorry for this girl who came from a rich home and decided to live on the streets... :|" 2 comments

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 5: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ Read a couple reviews and oh boy, this doesn't sound like it's for me, but Happy reading! =D

Alexa lol After reading some reviews, I don't think it'll be for me either. But we'll see. ;)

message 3: by ♥Rachel♥ (new)

♥Rachel♥ Count me out Alexa! I want my HEA. :)

message 2: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ Yup, doesn't sound like a Tina book O.o
Great review!

Aly (Fantasy4eva) not sure it would be for me either. hope the next is more to your taste :)