Julie Witt's Reviews > Seeds of Discovery

Seeds of Discovery by Breeana Puttroff

Dec 01, 11

bookshelves: reviewed
Read from November 30 to December 01, 2011

Wow! What a great book from an awesome new writer! Breeana was offering free copies of her book in exchange for honest reviews, and I thought I would lend a hand, really hoping that I would like the book. I didn't need to worry, though, because I was drawn into the story from the first page and I couldn't stop reading until I was finished! The characters were fully fleshed out and the world building was amazing!

Quinn starts following her schoolmate William around when he begins to act mysteriously and finds herself literally falling into a whole new world! Eirentheos sounds like a beautiful place, and is described very well. Thankfully, Quinn isn't the panicky type of girl, so we didn't have to read on and on about how there was no way this could be happening to her, was she going crazy, etc. She accepted where she was because she had no choice - it was real and that's all there was to it. This was definitely a refreshing viewpoint for the heroine/female MC to take! When she found out she was sort of stuck there for 10 days, she decided to embrace it and make the best of it, and to help out as much as she could.

Unfortunately, during Quinn's time there, there was an outbreak of a very serious illness among the children of the kingdom. As William was one of the doctors in Eirentheos (people live a lot longer there as 10 of their days equal one of ours), Quinn traveled around the kingdom with him (and his very charming brother, Thomas) to help out. There is a nice little mystery involved in what is making the children sick. There is also a definite bad guy in the form of Tolliver, who tries to force himself on Quinn as soon as he meets her.

I'm not going to say any more about that because I don't want to ruin it for you, but I will say that I can't wait to read the next installment in what is looking like a very intriguing new series from a very talented new writer :D
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seeds of Discovery.