Vy's Reviews > The Evolution of Mara Dyer

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Oct 20, 12

bookshelves: 2012-sophomore, arcs, own-read, signed
Read in September, 2012

ALL THE STARS RIGHT HERE.
Can we all just slow clap for this?

AND THIS BOOK. NO WORDS RIGHT NOW. I just..

My thoughts have yet to make sense. So for now, all you have to know is that Evolution is a fantastic book that will most likely be the source of my nightmares and paranoia for the next few days.

GO PRE-ORDER NOW! I just ordered mine :)

***********updated FULL review***********

I wasn't sure how it could be possible, but The Evolution of Mara Dyer was even more intese and twisted than The Unbecoming.

Before reading: Huh, my book is signed with, "Who will you believe?" Interesting. Well I guess I'll go with Michelle Hodkin.

After reading: NO ONE. I BELIEVE NO ONE. EXCEPT NOAH SHAW. I WILL BELIEVE EVERYTHING HE SAYS.

The Evolution goes into Mara's family history as well as Noah's. I would think that I would be able to make some theories from that, but nope. Fret not people, even though new information was tossed in, there were a lot of questions answered from The Unbecoming. I never looked at anything the same through out this book. One moment I would feel like I was finally putting the story together, but then I would turn the page and all of my theories would get burned.

There were so many "what just happened moments". At first I would try to make some sense out of it, but after a while I just rolled with it. Kind of. I started categorizing my reactions to those moments into the "my life after finishing" list, and this was what I got.

My Life After Finishing The Evolution of Mara Dyer:
Day 1: Maybe I'll just leave my lamp on tonight.
Day 2: I'll just turn ALL the lights on in my house.
Day 3: Maybe I should just not clear the fog from my mirror after taking a shower.
Day 4: SUPER PARANOID. NOBODY TOUCH ME.
Day 5: Has brother stand next to me while I brush my teeth.

One of the many things I loved about this book was Mara Dyer and Noah Shaw. They just work. It is how it is. They will forever be one of my favorite couples.

I loved every moment of The Evolution of Mara Dyer. Even though Mara Dyer is the reason I can't look into the mirror after I take a shower, I will read anything by Michelle Hodkin.
225 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Evolution of Mara Dyer.

Quotes Vy Liked

Michelle Hodkin
“If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to you for all of them. If we were to live a thousand lives, I would want to make you mine in each one.”

Michelle Hodkin
“They rattled my cage to see if I'd bite. When they released me, they'd see that the answer was yes.”

Michelle Hodkin
“My brother cleared his throat. "I wish she knew that I think she is the most hilarious person on Earth. And that whenever she's not home, I feel like I'm missing my partner in crime."
My throat tightened. Do not cry. Do not cry.
"I wish she knew that she's really Mom's favorite--"
I shook my head here.
"--the princess she always wanted. That Mom used to dress her up like a little doll and parade her around like Mara was her greatest achievement. I wish Mara knew that I never minded, because she's my favorite too.”
Michelle Hodkin, The Evolution of Mara Dyer

The Reading Soul Blog NOAH SHAW IS PERFECT AND THE ENDING KILLED ME HOW WILL I EVER SURVIVE till 2013

IsabellaReads Ikr!! Ya I won't survive till then! Haha

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

OH MY GOODNESS, this review is perfect~!!!!!! Ahahahaha, lol, I'm defs leaving the lights on in my house!!! ;) *shivers* that ass-hat Jude! And Dr. Kells!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Karen Great review! I'm also afraid that I will see a doll in my closet!!! I love this book to ruins!!!

Brianna Oh my gosh I completely feel the same way this book was so CRAZY!!!! But why couldn't I put it down???????

Nicola Love this review! Describes my reactions perfectly! What a fantastic book.

Angiie I love your funny videos... I can't wait to actually read it myself...

Shaina Marie this perfectly sums up my feelings after finishing this book at 10 pm. Haha

Sophia WHEN I READ THE ENDING I WAS CRYING MY EYES OUT REREADING IT FOR HOURS!!