E's Reviews > Love Amid The Ashes

Love Amid The Ashes by Mesu Andrews

F 50x66
Nov 28, 2011

Read in November, 2011

It is not at all often that I give 5 star ratings. I firmly believe in giving credit where it is due, and that there is always something somewhere that can be improved. Having said that, Love Amid the Ashes gets a solid 5 stars from me.

Mesu Andrews uses the facts we have, weaves in fiction to fill in the blanks so skillfully that one must be careful to discern between the two, and gives us a story of love and redemption that left me wondering if I had read it or truly been there. I expected this to be another love story, but what was delivered is so much more than that. The male/female relationships are balanced artfully with the friendships that are forged to withstand tragedy and triumph. The love story between the characters and El Elyon, God Most High, is so skillfully written that it whispers of the redemption and dedication and soothes the soul.

Mesu Andrews sacrifices neither plot nor description in this well balanced depiction of Job's trials. I wish I had purchased multiple copies of this book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Amid The Ashes.