Chana's Reviews > Alexander and the Wonderful, Marvelous, Excellent, Terrific Ninety Days: An Almost Completely Honest Account of What Happened to Our Family When Our Youngest Son, His Wife, Their Baby, Their Toddler, and Their Five-Year-Old Came to Live with Us for Thr...

Alexander and the Wonderful, Marvelous, Excellent, Terrific N... by Judith Viorst

I liked this book about the ninety days that Judith Viorst's son Alexander, his wife and 3 young children move into the parental home while their own home is being remodeled. This Alexander is the famous Alexander from the book "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" but he has grown into quite a nice man since his no good day. His wife and kids are nice too. Judith (JuJu) and her husband Milton are really good grandparents in my opinion. As a grandmother of 3 I found myself admiring the way she taught and played with the children while still maintaining some ground rules. She is respectful of her grown children and daughters in law as well. Her husband just gets down on the floor and plays with the kids. I didn't think I would like this book as Judith comes across as inflexible and petty at first but as the book progresses you find that she really isn't as inflexible as she seems at first. The grandchildren are lucky to have Judith and Milton Viorst as their grandparents.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alexander and the Wonderful, Marvelous, Excellent, Terrific Ninety Days.