Barbara's Reviews > She Tempts the Duke

Apr 16, 12

bookshelves: e-book, historical-romance
Read from April 13 to 14, 2012

3 1/2 stars

It just didn't have the same impact on me as Heath's Waking Up with the Duke.

The plot line in this one was good but there was just something missing. I think perhaps I just didn't connect with the characters to the extent I would have liked.

The hero was tortured, but I never truly felt the depth of his emotions. I'm thinking it's because there is such a large amount of time that passes before the hero returns to seek vengeance. I needed to know more about that time, maybe? I don't know why I couldn't connect with him.

As for the romance...I didn't feel as though the h/h couldn't possibly live without one another. Okay for me, that's a big deal. Yes they were friends as children, but it wasn't as if the hero or heroine were pining for one another during the time they were separated. He was harping on revenge and she just assumes he's died and moves on. I think I simply wanted more angst, more passion and more sigh worthy moments...which I KNOW Heath can deliver.

I am interested in reading both brother's stories. Although secondary characters in this book, I was drawn in to the tid bits the author gave with regard to them. I'm excited for Tristan's tale but mostly for Rafe's ;)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read She Tempts the Duke.

04/13/2012 page 1