Christi's Reviews > Rosie Dunne

Jun 16, 08

bookshelves: chick-lit, 2008-reads
Read in June, 2008

really charming novel
I loved the perspective of telling the story only from their correspondence.

I thought all the characters were very likeable. Just like in PS I Love You, after awhile you felt like part of the family :)

One thing I've noticed in both of Cecilia Ahern's books that I've read is that there is so much love in the book. Friends, family, parental. It's nice to read about a pretty normal/average family in a book with no real drama or disfunctionality, I also enjoyed discovering the dynamics of the different relationships unlike most "chick lit" books which just use those secondary characters as comic relief on the way to getting to page 200 so the main characters can finally "hook up".

The ending may be "predictable" but so is the ending of Pride and Prejudice!! It's all the twists and turns and roadblocks and missed opportunities that life takes while Rosie is trying to figure out how to reach her dreams that make this story so interesting. Because, to me, those setbacks happen to all of us and it's what we do with ourselves in those situations that make us successful.

I also think if Rosie's BFF was a female they WOULDN'T be able to get past hurt feelings and misunderstandings (even when they were 10) and endure long gaps of polite holiday cards.

Terrific light summer read.

The book did make me miss the best guy friends I've had in my life. Because it was too hard to balance a platonic friend when one or the other is in a relationship. Maybe if we had email back in the day. Ha!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rosie Dunne.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rose Ann Thanks Christi! Added this to my to-read!
Sounds fun!

Rose Ann Thanks again Christi...just finished and it is now one of my favorites! Such a sweet story, I loved it!