Victor Gentile's Reviews > Captive Trail

Captive Trail by Susan Page Davis

Nov 28, 2011

Read in November, 2011

Susan Page Davis in her new book, "Captive Trail" Book Two in The Texas Trail Series published by River North Fiction Division of Moody Publishers takes us back to Texas in the 1840's.

From the Back Cover: Taabe Waipu has run away from her Comanche village and is fleeing south in Texas on a horse she stole from a dowry left outside her family's teepee. The horse has an accident and she is left on foot, injured and exhausted. She staggers onto a road near Fort Chadbourne and collapses.On one of the first runs through Texas, Butterfield Overland Mail Company driver Ned Bright carries two Ursuline nuns returning to their mission station. They come across a woman who is nearly dead from exposure and dehydration and take her to the mission.With some detective work, Ned discovers Taabe Waipu identity. He plans to unite her with her family, but the Comanche have other ideas, and the two end up defending the mission station.

"Captive Trail" is another romance set against the backdrop of Texas. Susan Page Davis takes up the story of the Morgan family that was begun in the first book, "Lone Star Trail". In that book we learned that Billie Morgan was kidnapped by Comanches. Now she is called Taabe Waipu, "Sun Woman" and she does not wish to be married to the brave that wants her. Her escape fails but she is found by Ned Bright, a stagecoach driver, who is shocked to see a white woman in indian dress. Now they mush learn her real identity and re-teach her what she has lost before the Comanches come to take her back. Me, I really like Westerns. I like what authors can do with them and Susan Page Davis really knows how to write a Western. Kidnapped white woman, Comanches, stagecoach drives and defending a mission from an indian raid are just part of the what this book holds. If you enjoy history like I do then this book is for you. Ms. Davis really makes you feel the heat and the dust and the danger. Every one of her characters seem to come alive and it is like actually being there in Texas with them. "Captive Trail" continues being all about families and relationships and that is what makes this book a winner. I enjoyed this book a lot and am looking forward to the next one.

If you would like to listen to interviews with other authors and professionals please go to www.kingdomhighlights.org where they are available On Demand.

To listen to 24 hours non-stop Christian music please visit our internet radio station www.kingdomairwaves.org

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book for free from Jeane Wynn at Wynn-Wynn Media for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captive Trail.