Sheila's Reviews > When the Bough Breaks

When the Bough Breaks by Jonathan Kellerman

Nov 28, 11

Read in November, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I was a bit worried going into this book that I was going to hate it. Alex Delaware as a psychologist who works with the police was a little to close to Alex Cross for my liking but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I did like the characters of Alex and Milo and look forward to seeing more of their friendship in the next book. The ending kind of came out of nowhere though, was a little rushed and unbelievable and left me with a lot of questions...like why isn't Alex in jail for all the intimidating and hiding of dead bodies and kidnapping he did? Were the laws different in the 1980s? Did the police tell McCaffrey "hey, police here, stop choking that dude" before Hardy shot him or did they shoot first so they didn’t have to pay for an expensive trial? Did Kruger's lawyer sue Alex for all he is worth? Did Margaret and Van der Graaf ever go for that drive? And Milo…I usually like to get to know my good guys before they go shooting people in the head. He was hardly in the book at all. But, like I said, I liked it. Enough to have book two sitting in my lap ready to start when I’m done writing this.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When the Bough Breaks.