Giselle at BO-OK NERD Canada's Reviews > The Kill Order

The Kill Order by James Dashner

Aug 12, 12

bookshelves: own, from-publishers, 2012
Read on August 10, 2012 — I own a copy

There's jut something about James Dashner's writing that sucks you in and doesn't let up until that last page is read. The Kill Order was no different. There's a lot of fast-paced action with a similar purpose as The Maze Runner, survival. Before the Gladers ever came to be, there was Mark. He was there when the sun flares dropped from the sky burning everything in sight, including human flesh. As gruesome as that sounds, there were a lot of scenes which were too horrible to picture. I don't want to spoil it, but once you read these parts, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Apart from the gruesome scenes, the plot moves fast. Mark tries to find out the truth behind the people who shot his villag with a virus, rescuing his best friend, and most importantly, trying to stay sane when the virus starts to claim him. His battle between his normal conscious self, to the violent crazy self was intense. You can tell it takes a toll on him but he's strong enough to fight it.

The description says a lot about Trina, his best friend, but she was hardly in the story to begin with. The romance was cute, not too cheesy and too winded. There was a lot going on so I'm glad it wasn't the main focus.

The viewpoints change from the past to the present. It bothered me a tiny bit, just because there was such a break in the story. I would rather have liked it better if it was one continuous storyline. It would have flowed better in my opinion.

James Dashner has done it again, and I can't wait what else he has in store for us.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kill Order.

08/09/2012 page 1

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Hayden Did you get an ARC? :D

Giselle at BO-OK NERD Canada Hayden wrote: "Did you get an ARC? :D"

Finished copy!

Hayden Cool! After reading your review, it just makes that much more excited to read it! I can't wait. :D

Giselle at BO-OK NERD Canada Hayden wrote: "Cool! After reading your review, it just makes that much more excited to read it! I can't wait. :D"

Yay! I'm so glad :D

Hayden I just finished about a half hour ago(it is now 3am) WOW! I am completely at a loss for words. The ending...can we talk about this? haha

Giselle at BO-OK NERD Canada Hayden wrote: "I just finished about a half hour ago(it is now 3am) WOW! I am completely at a loss for words. The ending...can we talk about this? haha"

Sure!! If you want, message me so we don't put spoilers in the discussion post lol