Ӄaȶ McCarthy ~ Aeternum Designs 's Reviews > Bound by the Vampire

Bound by the Vampire by Chloe Hart

Dec 19, 11

bookshelves: blood-and-absinthe
Read in December, 2011

These two main characters couldn’t be more different. Evan is living life looking out for number one and Celia lives her life looking for ways she can help others and make a difference. When they first meet, it certainly isn’t love at first sight. He thinks she is incredibly naïve, fashion-impaired and kind of demented. (She wears a sweatshirt, sneakers and a fanny-pack to see a vampire, really?) Celia starts correcting him on his poor grammar. Not a good start. But something about her endears her to him and he finds her attractive despite her attire.

This novel reveals more about the source of Fae power, absinthe, and the impact that Celia’s ideas could have on their world, not to mention her own well-being. We see characters grow, relationships build, assassins hired, and a great lead-in for future tales. Again, so effectively written, you are right there with the characters in their world.

In my opinion, this series has the makings of a great Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy story. If Ms. Hart can achieve what she has in a novella, I am sure eager to see what she can do with a full-length novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound by the Vampire.