Tilly Slaton's Reviews > Killing Moon

Killing Moon by Rebecca York

Dec 19, 11

Read from December 15 to 19, 2011

The Moon series by Rebecca York is a fantastic shape-shifting paranormal romance series.

Killing Moon is the first book in this series and is different from other shape-shifters I have read.

Ross Marshall, Private Investigator and werewolf, assists the police force in locating missing persons and more importantly ... serial killers involved in those cases.

Doctor Megan Sheridan is a research doctor working for Bio Gen Labs doing mostly genetic testing for clients. Losing the coin toss, she makes a house call to the one and only Ross Marshall who claims to have a genetic problem and needs her help.

Coming from a pretty brutal family, all female children die at birth as well as some males. Those males that live will have to face the change during puberty. Unfortunately, it seems most of them die during that stage. So there is a high child mortality rate.

Unlike most wolf packs, all of the males in his face are alphas. There is no one alpha to rule them all so as he calls his father, The Big Bad Wolf, growing up was not easy for him or his brothers.

I'm going to write a passage here from the book, but I don't want you to think the entire book is this crude. There are only two very small parts that come across this way and that is ONLY when he remembers his father. I am only putting it in this review to give you an idea on the earth shattering and needful attraction between the male and his mate. It also gives you an example of how harsh his father was to his children when they blamed him for the treatment of their mother, her life and all of children she loses.

(For goodreads purposes, I will add *** to make this review appropriate. Please see my blog for all uncut reviews.)

"You dare to blame me, you sh*t-head moron? Wait till it happens to you. They call it chemistry." His father gave a harsh laugh. "They hardly understand the meaning of the word. They don't know the burning need. The lust. The pain. Wait until you're old enough to start searching for a mate. When you meet her, you'll know. Fu**ing her once won't get her out of your system. Because a wolf mates for life, sonny."

"The good part is she'll want to fu** you as much as you want to fu** her. When you catch her scent, when you touch her, you'll understand what it's like for one of us, you sanctimonious bastard. So if you want to have some fun with the gals, do it now. 'Cause when you meet your mate, your co** just won't go in any other hole."

This is a wonderful shape-shifter series. I have always loved werewolf novels ever since my sister thrust me head first into the romance world :)

I recommend this book to mature adults only as there is moderate but tasteful sexual content. I am going to make the violence as moderate due to the serial killer and his toys. I advise you do not allow your teenager to read this book. It's inappropriate. :p

Now I'm on to Edge of the Moon!

~Happy reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killing Moon.

12/16/2011 page 42
12/17/2011 page 136
39.0% "I have been doing a lot of editing so this book is slowly coming along :) I'm right at where things get fiesty!"
12/17/2011 page 186
53.0% "I keep getting interrupted with edits and personal book reviews for friends hah ... I want to finish this book tonight but I want to knock out another 100 pages of editing in my book .. Wondering which band I will listen to :)"
12/18/2011 page 233
66.0% "Heh .. Talk about slow reading! 40 pages to edit in my book and then I can resume my totally rockin awesome reading wave!"