Anna's Reviews > Assassin's Creed: Renaissance

Assassin's Creed by Oliver Bowden

Nov 28, 2011

liked it
Read in October, 2011

I bought this book just because I love the game. I was surprised to see that the book was true to the game. The conversations is almost the same and the environment is described just as you saw it in the game. Bowden did a good job in filling out the blanks that wasn't included in the game and it was fun to read more indepth of Ezio's thoughts and life, especially in his younger days.
The thing I thought was strange with this book is that this actually is the second game, but it is the first book of the series. In the end, the book gets a little... Hasty? It seems as if the author didn't have enough time to finish writing the book properly. He doesn't skip events but he doesn't go into detail about them. It doesn't go along with the rest of the book in my opinion.
Otherwise I find this book really good just because it is based on the game and that it doesn't stray from the story. I like how he described the surroundings, the killings an the people and since I'm such a fan of the game I really appreciate how dedicated Bowden was to study and analyze the game just to write this book.
The book only get three stars from me since it kinda bothered me about the rushed ending and that is my favorite part of the story, otherwise the book was fantastic!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Assassin's Creed.

02/20 marked as: read

Lera Nice and wise review...not like others (not pointing at anyone)

message 2: by Lewisfamily (new) - added it

Lewisfamily Great review

Kimzer How can i read it?

message 5: by Anirudh (new) - added it