Erin's Reviews > New Beginnings

New Beginnings by Rebecca Emin

1975653
Dec 02, 11

Read in November, 2011

I decided I wanted to read this book first because I work in a school library and this is a book geared for the ages at my school, and second because it is about bullying, and we have had a huge anti-bullying campaign in our schools for years.
I am glad that I chose to read this book - I think that kids will benefit from reading it. Many times victims of bullies remain silent, and let the bullying continue, much to their detriment. They don't know how to handle it, who to tell, if they will be believed even. New Beginnings deals with all of these thoughts, and also explains what to do if you are bullied in a way that they may relate to. Sam, the main character who is being bullied, lets things go to far, to the point where the bullying becomes physically violent. After finding an anti-bullying website, she takes control of the situation. The student bullying Sam eventually realized they are the one with a problem and apologizes to Sam, but not before Sam tells a trusted teacher what has been going on.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Beginnings.