Aarann's Reviews > Just One of the Guys

Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins

Nov 27, 11

Read in November, 2011

I had a lot of fun reading this book. I loved Chastity, and the relationship she had with her brothers and parents, and of course her dog. I also loved that it wasn't a typical "tomboy gets a makeover" sort of story (although don't get me wrong, I generally love those). Chastity knew who she was and had no desire to change herself to find a mate, even the one guy she's been longing for for her entire adult life. It was nice to find a heroine who, while insecure about aspects of her physical appearance, doesn't spend the entire book trying to get used to things that make her uncomfortable specifically to land a mate.

HERE BE SPOILERS!

(view spoiler)

NO MORE SPOILERS

But all my complaints aside, I really did love this book, and again, the complaints weren't severe enough for me to have any doubts about the 4/5 stars. It kept me engrossed and entertained that's really what I require from these books. I only recently discovered this author, but I will definitely be picking up more of her books.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just One of the Guys.