Barrett's Reviews > The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs

The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka

Nov 27, 2011

Read in November, 2011

**Traditional Literature/Literary Tales
I thought this was a great twist to the original story of the three little pigs. The True Story of the Three Little Pigs is told from the wolf's (Alexander T. Wolf) perspective instead of the three pigs' perspective, which happens to give an interesting story. According to this story, the wolf is completely innocent because all he was trying to do was get a cup of sugar for his grandmother's birthday cake. The pigs in the story come off as rude and ignorant as the wolf asks politely for a cup of sugar, while he deals with his excessive sneezing. Because the wolf couldn't stop sneezing, he knocked over the straw and stick house. By the time he go to the last pigs house he was arrested for eating the two pigs. I really like the fluent style of writing because it give students a chance to think about what if other stories were told in a different character's point of view. I believe this is a great book to introduce to older students such as fourth and fifth graders.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs.